NEED TO SUBMIT A JOB POSTING?
900 Clay Street
P.O. Box 269
Carrollton, Kentucky 41008
Class Title: Project Engineer
Supervisor: Manager of Engineering
Supervises: Engineering Interns
Under general administrative direction, performs professional engineering functions with respect to gas, water, and wastewater systems; provides technical assistance to all departments; performs studies, modeling, and mapping activities; supervises GIS function; performs related administrative work as required
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates proposals, plans, etc., from contractors, engineers, vendors, etc. and makes recommendations to Manager of Engineering and General Manager.
2. Advises the Manager of Engineering and General Manager.
Provides engineering-related technical assistance to other departments; may assist customers in achieving service requirements.
3. Assumes responsibility for the GIS function.
4. Performs planning activities for future expansions and upgrades.
5. Writes specifications for projects as requested.
6. Performs studies and prepares reports; assists in performing other duties as required.
7. Develops standards and new programs as requested.
8. Prepares work orders for major system expansions.
9. Performs modeling and mapping duties.
10. Works with federal and state regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
11. Develops and/or supervises the development of records, reports, etc., as required or requested.
12. Approves work orders after reviewing for accuracy, comprehensiveness, etc.; approves completed projects.
13. Attends Commission meetings and presents information or answers questions as required or requested.
Education & Experience
Training and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineer from an accredited college or university. Must be registered as a Professional Engineer, or must obtain designation as Professional Engineer within one year after meeting experience requirements. (If licensed in another state, must obtain Kentucky registration during first six months of employment.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of equipment, materials, methods and techniques used in all activities and programs of the utility.
2. Thorough knowledge of physical sciences, civil engineering (related to water and wastewater systems), mathematics, geometry, trigonometry, etc.
3. Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws and administrative regulations regarding applicable utilities.
4. Knowledge of Carrollton Utilities policies and procedures, including safety practices.
5. Knowledge of and ability to ensure compliance with safety requirements.
6. Knowledge of computers and applicable software programs.
1. Ability to perform professional activities in all weather conditions, rough terrain, heavy vegetation, etc.
2. Ability to comply with safety standards and practices.
3. Ability to operate computer and applicable software programs.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with consulting engineers, officers and employees of the Carrollton Utilities, and the general public.
Instructions are very general; must use own judgement most of the time.
Job frequently requires refinement of existing work methods and development of new techniques, concepts or programs within established limits or policies.
Review of Work:
Completed work is generally reviewed through written or oral reports.
Assignments frequently involve decisions based on a wide knowledge of many factors where application of advanced or technical concepts is required.
Physical Demands of the Job:
Work is performed both indoors at a desk or table, and outdoors regardless of weather conditions; must lift objects weighing less than 25 pounds; must be outdoors and exposed to weather, rough, hilly terrain, heavy vegetation, mud, water, noise, etc.; must be in high places, confined spaces, and use stairs and ladders; must operate vehicle as a requirement of the job.
Tools and/or Equipment Used:
Vehicle, computer, calculator, drafting equipment, copier, cad workstation, survey equipment.
Frequent public and internal contacts requiring tact and diplomacy are requirements of the job.
Regular use of confidential information is a requirement of the job.
Special License Requirements:
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Kentucky as a condition of employment in the class.
Must have completed “How to Prevent Accidental Ignition” (OQ-M-7) Training or must complete the training during the first year after appointment to the position; must complete follow-up training every five (5) years as required by the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).
must be registered as a Professional Engineer, or must obtain registration upon meeting experience requirements.
Submit resume to Terry Roach at firstname.lastname@example.org and Cori Beach at email@example.com
Natural Gas Pipeline Engineer/Engineering Tech
1018 Mt. Vernon Drive
Shelbyville, KY 40065
Perform engineering services related to pipeline design, operation, and construction activities, as well as field services (leak & CP surveys, patrols, regulator inspections, etc.) for owners and operators of natural gas facilities. The job will encompass various aspects engineering and design for natural gas installation, operation, and maintenance requirements as well as travel and on-site field activities. Work will include both office and on-site activities, which must conform to the strict requirements of state and pipeline safety regulations as well as company procedures. The individual will be responsible for tasks including, but not limited to: • Perform engineering activities relative to the design, operation, and maintenance of company pipeline and related natural gas facilities • Perform field services, including leak and CP surveys, patrols, regulator station inspections and testing, etc. • Interface with clients on a regular basis • Develop bid proposals, contracts, design specifications, and material lists for natural gas projects • Develop, review, and update plans, manuals, and forms • Provide technical assistance to clients and field personnel • Assist other USDI offices, as needed, with engineering projects and operating obligations • Maintain Operator Qualification (OQ) certification, as appropriate • Compliance records and documentation • Understand, review, and comply with state and federal pipeline safety regulations
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred) • Experience with natural gas industry highly preferred • Experience with various engineering and GIS software, such as AutoCAD, ESRI, GasCalc, GasWorks, as well as Microsoft Office • Possess strong written and verbal communication skills • Able to pass initial and continuous federally required Operator Qualification evaluations • Able to effectively operate various company supplied equipment • Willingness to travel, including overnight stays • Maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with co-workers, management, and clients • Maintain a safe environment for co-workers, clients, and the public through adherence to established safety standards and timely reporting of potential hazards • Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record • Able to pass a background and driving check, employment history, and drug screening
USDI offers an excellent benefit package and a salary that will be commensurate with the level of experience, skills, and ability possessed by the candidate. USDI benefits include the following: • Medical Insurance • Dental Insurance • Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Short and Long Term Disability Coverage • 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
For immediate consideration, please send or email your resume to:
Jason Brangers, P.E.
P.O. Box 727
Shelbyville, KY 40066
SR Operator Qualification Consultant
Louisville Gas & Electric
6900 Enterprise Drive
Education & Experience
For more information or to apply, please visit: www.theladders.com/job/x9-sr-operator-qualification-consultant-louisville-ky_36481860
P.O. Box 29 • Murray, Kentucky 42071
Toll-Free: 800.455.9427 • Phone: 270.293.1101 • Fax: 270.489.0061